2008-04-13

Slide copier

Won an auction for Panagor zoom slide duplicator and a T-mount to F-mount adapter. Mostly I wanted the adapter ring, because that happens to fit another adaptor that should fit a spotting scope. I'll see when I get around to getting those things together.

Testing the slide copier, I can't believe how long it took me to realize that 1:1 is actually some zoom since I have a DX crop body :-D It won't quite replace a film scanner then (or otherwise) but it might be a fun thing to have around. In effect it is a zoom macro lens with very little working distance.

I've been toying with the idea of building something not entirely unlike a rotoscope. And a small projector maybe. Just toying with optics.

2008-04-28: Yes, the T adaptor fit the scope. No, no good photos

No comments: